Join us at our Open House!
You're invited to our Open House at our new headquarters for off-stage and administrative operations, located at 4020 N Rockwell St in Chicago.
Drop-in on Saturday, May 12 between 5pm and 9pm for tours and camaraderie with The House staff and artists.
This event is free and open to the public, and RSVPs are requested but not required.
4020 N Rockwell ST
The House will continue presenting plays at the Chopin Theatre venue, where we've have been in residence since 2008. Additionally, our long-running hit, The Magic Parlour, continues its open run at the Palmer House hotel.
Details of The Headquarters
Scene Shop, Costume Studio
- A scene shop replete with power tools, a slop sink and skylights will enable technicians and artists to build sets, and props on site.
- The shop will also be available for rent, a rare and valuable resource for the theatre community.
- A costume studio for on-site fittings and wardrobe maintenance.
- 1,600 square feet of storage.
- Complete with a green room and kitchenette. More than 1,400 square feet!
- A sprung floor for dance and movement.
- Skylights for natural light year-round.
- A custom-installed truss for acrobatics, or illusions like the Water Torture Cell featured in Death & Harry Houdini.
- The former site of a commercial bakery.
- Will also include Anytime Fitness.
- Overlooking the Chicago River.
- Developed by entrepreneur Scott Waltenburg.
- Overlooking the north branch of the Chicago River.
- 1,800 square feet of office space gives The House the capacity to grow into its full potential.
- Features three enclosed offices, large conference room and capacity for nearly twenty staff and interns.
Call or email Development Manager, Lizzie to learn more